Winter Field Walk
Time & Location
About the Event
All farmers welcome to join ASHEEP at our annual Winter Field Walk. Join us as we tour around farms and hear from expert speakers, before heading back to the Casbar for drinks and a BBQ.
11:00AM - Meet at Gibson Soak Hotel Carpark
Meet at the Gibson Soak Hotel carpark for a quick welcome before we travel via car around local farming properties. Please BYO lunch, but we will provide afternoon tea during the field walk. Don’t be late, we won’t wait.
- Farm 1 - Scott Welke - Corner Cascade Rd & Field Rd - Illabo Wheat (If you are already out of town, there’s the option to meet us here at 12PM)
- Farm 2 - Thomas Pengilly - Field Rd - Phosphorus on Legumes Trial & grazed Planet Barley
- Farm 3 - Simeon Roberts - Rolland Rd - ASHEEP / MLA Pasture Variety Trial Site
- Farm 4 - Mark Walter - Neds Corner Rd - Vetch & Grazing Brassica
- South East Agronomy Research - P on Legumes & Pasture Variety Trials
- David Howey, Elanco - Drench Resistance Update
- Sam Horley, WoolQ - What is WoolQ?
- Peter Fox, Bankwest
5:00PM – Drinks & BBQ at the Casbar
When all is done, we’ll head back to the Casbar in Cascade for networking, drinks and a BBQ.
Please observe farm biosecurity and arrive in clean boots & clothes. Please ensure that the underside of your vehicle is clean. Try to avoid driving through pastures – stick to farm tracks and roads. We will have a boot wash in place to use as you depart the paddock.
LUNCH & DINNER Bring your own lunch, we’ll have water and snacks available in the afternoon. Dinner will be a BBQ at the Casbar, if you have any allergies or dietary requirements please make note when you register.
What to Bring
- Wet weather gear / hat / suncream, we go rain or shine and there's no shelter in the paddock
Please note that this field day will be in paddocks on farms which will likely include uneven / soft / rough terrain. A portable toilet will be towed around from site to site, but it is on the back of a trailer and there are steps to reach it. If you have accessibility requirements and need something additional for you to safely attend the event, please call ASHEEP on the number below and we will endeavour to find a solution.
Due to COVID-19 we are asking everyone to register and sign in on the day so that we can keep track of who was there in the case that contact tracing needs to occur. Please observe social distancing of 1.5m between people where possible, or as is in line with the State Government guidelines in place on the day. We will have handsanitiser it available on the portable toilet.
Do not attend this event if you have cold or flu symptoms.
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors for making this event possible!
0409 335 194
- Winter Field Walk$0$00$0