Thu, 23 June|
Esperance Bay Yacht Club
Future of Livestock Farming: Conference, Dinner & AGM 2022
ASHEEP's annual livestock production conference, AGM & dinner in Esperance, WA.
Time & Location
23 June 2022, 9:30 am – 10:00 pm
Esperance Bay Yacht Club, The Esplanade, Esperance WA 6450, Australia
About the Event
All farmers and those in the agricultural industry are welcome to attend ASHEEP's annual livestock conference, AGM and dinner. A day focused on improving the profitability, productivity and sustainability of sheep & cattle production.
*** Early Bird Prices available until noon on 12th June ***
9:30AM - REGISTRATIONS & MORNING TEA (By CWA)
10:00AM - ASHEEP AGM
10:45AM - CONFERENCE (Including lunch - roast lamb and beef by CWA)
- Carbon Neutral by 2030 + Sheep & Beef Sustainability Frameworks - Sarah Hyland, MLA
- Merino Lifetime Productivity Project - Six years down the track what have we learnt? + WALRC Sheep & Beef Priorities - Bronwyn Clarke, Murdoch University & WA Livestock Research Council
- DPIRD Sheep, Beef & Pasture Research Overview - Bruce Mullan, DPIRD
- Feature Producer - Regenerating Pastures, Craig Newman, Karradale Trading
- Feature Producer - Culture in the Workplace, Paul O'Meehan, A. O'Meehan & Co
- ASHEEP / MLA Pasture Variety Trials + SCA Pasture Trials - Chad Hall, South Coastal Agencies
- Proud to Produce Protein - Enoch Bergman, ASHEEP Cattle Committee Member
- Wool Market & Wool Certifiations - Danny Burkett Westcoast Wool & Livestock
- Responsible Wool Standard - Scott Welke, Westwood Farms
- Preliminary Drench Resistance Testing Update - David Howey, Elanco
- Meet Tori Kirk, WA Industry Relations Officer, Australian Wool Innovation
- Panel Discussion
5:00PM - NETWORKING, DRINKS & CANAPES
- Drinks & Canapes by Saltwater Catering
6:30PM - BANQUET DINNER BY SALTWATER CATERING
- DINNER SPEAKER: "Yarns with Bob Reed" - Author, Farmer & past Rural Land Valuer
Tickets are available to attend the day only, or to include the dinner also. Additional guests or partners not attending the day are welcome to join from 5pm by purchasing an "evening only" ticket. Drinks during dinner may be purchased at the bar. List of speakers above does not reflect the order they will present.
With thanks to event sponsor Meat & Livestock Australia.
ASHEEP reserves the option to adjust the discussion topics, speakers and menu as required. This event will be held pending COVID-19 requirements and adjustments made need to be made to accommodate this.
Includes attendance at the conference & AGM during the day only, with morning tea, lunch and a drink / canapés.
Includes drinks / canapes, followed by an evening meal by Saltwater Catering with dinner speaker. Drinks during the evening meal can be purchased at the bar.
Day + Dinner
Includes attendance at the Conference, AGM and Dinner, with morning tea, lunch and drinks / canapes. The day will be finished with an evening meal by Saltwater Catering and a dinner speaker. Drinks during the evening meal can be purchased at the bar.