Future of Livestock Farming: Conference, Dinner & AGM
Time & Location
About the Event
All farmers and those in the agricultural industry are welcome to attend ASHEEP's annual livestock conference, AGM and dinner. A day focused on improving the profitability, productivity and sustainability of sheep & cattle production.
*** Early Bird Prices available until noon on 30th July ***
9:30AM - REGISTRATIONS & MORNING TEA (By CWA)
10:00AM - ASHEEP AGM
10:45AM - CONFERENCE (Including lunch - a selection of curries by CWA)
- Carbon Neutral by 2030 + Sheep Repro & Lamb Survival - Joe Gebbels, Meat & Livestock Australia
- Future Wool - Ellie Bigwood, Australian Wool Innovation + guest producer
- Feature Sheep Producer: Hamish Thompson, Moojepin Merinos
- Feature Beef Producer: Peter Gilmour, Irongate Wagu
- Quality vs Quantity: Benefits of Improving Feedbase - Robert Harrison, CSIRO
- Biosecurity: Outlook & Actions - Kristine Rayner, Government Vet, DPIRD
- Supplying Livestock for Domestic & Export Markets: Farm impacts on the supply chain - Holly Ludeman, Emanuel
- Opportunities & Challenges for Sustainable Agriculture in WA - Silvia Salazar, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre
- ASHEEP / MLA Pasture Variety Trials - David Vandenberghe, Project Lead Producer
- Livestock Looking Forward - Gerald Wetherall, Westcoast Wool & Livestock
- Growing Feed: My top six - Theo Oorschot, Esperance Rural Supplies
- Panel Discussion
5:00PM - NETWORKING, DRINKS & FABRICS IN THE AWI "Wool Baar"
- Future of woollen fabrics with AWI including garment display
- Drinks & Canapes by Saltwater Catering courtesy of AWI
6:30PM - BANQUET DINNER BY SALTWATER CATERING
- Featuring pepper crusted eye fillet, braised beef cheeks in red wine, lamb cutlets lightly rubbed with rosemary & sea salt, herb marinated chicken, steamed greens, roasted vegetables and a selection of desserts.
- DINNER SPEAKER: Livestock Farming Advocate - Hannah Matthews, V&V Walsh
Tickets are available to attend the day only, or to include the dinner also. Additional guests or partners not attending the day are welcome to join from 5pm by purchasing an "evening only" ticket. Drinks during dinner may be purchased at the bar.
With thanks to event sponsors Meat & Livestock Australia & Australian Wool Innovation.
ASHEEP reserves the option to adjust the discussion topics, speakers and menu as required. This event will be held pending COVID-19 requirements and adjustments made need to be made to accommodate this. Please do not attend if you have cold and flu symptoms.
- Day Only$25GST included$25GST included0$0
- Day + Dinner$85GST included$85GST included0$0
- Evening Only$60GST included$60GST included0$0