Thu, 22 June|
Esperance Bay Yacht Club
Future of Livestock Conference & AGM 2023
ASHEEP's AGM and annual conference - delving into new research, industry opportunities and challenges. Connect with key industry players and livestock producers. The day finishes with drinks, networking and dinner.
Time & Location
22 June, 9:30 am – 10:00 pm
Esperance Bay Yacht Club, The Esplanade, Esperance WA 6450, Australia
About the Event
All farmers and those in the agricultural industry are welcome to attend ASHEEP's annual livestock conference, AGM and dinner. A day focused on improving the profitability, productivity and sustainability of sheep & cattle production.
09:30AM - REGISTRATIONS & MORNING TEA (By CWA)
10:00AM - ASHEEP AGM
10:30AM - CONFERENCE (Including lunch - curries by CWA)
We're looking forward to hearing from a great range of speakers.
- Red Meat - Trends, Challenges & Opportunities - David Beatty, MLA
- Wool Industry Update - Australian Wool Innovation
- Feature Producer - Neil Wandel, Willawayup Farms & Esperance Quality Grains
- Trace Elements: Supplementation for Better Production - Rick White, Elanco
- A New Page for Biosecurity - Robert Graham, DPIRD
- State Barrier Fence Esperance Extension Update - Tim Thompson, DPIRD
- Farm Advocacy - Matt Hill, WA Farmers President Esperance Ravensthorpe Zone
- ASHEEP Pasture Variety Trials - South Coastal Agencies
- Market Insights - Sam Wakefield, Westcost Wool & Livestock
- 2023 Observations - Theo Oorschot, Esperance Rural Supplies
- Shearing Interval Demonstration Update - Ashley Reichstein, Laurina Farms
- Bankwest Update - Brendon Kay, Bankwest
- Cattle Projects: Weaning, BVDV, Bull Breakdown - Ryan Willing, Cattle Committee
- ASHEEP CN30 Project Update - Jan Clawson, ASHEEP
- Panel Discussion
05:00PM - NETWORKING, DRINKS & CANAPES
06:30PM - BANQUET DINNER & DESSERTS BY SALTWATER CATERING
- Invited Dinner Speaker: "Sailing for my Sanity" - David Swan, Swans Veterinary Services
During dinner drinks will be available to purchase from the bar.
Please note that the list above does not indicate the order of speakers on the day.
Speakers may change due to unforseen circumstances.
Full Event - Day & Evening
This ticket includes full access to the AGM and Conference. It also includes morning & afternoon tea, lunch, canapés, dinner and dessert. Drinks are included during canapés. Drinks during dinner can be purchased from the bar.
Day & Networking Only
This ticket includes access to the AGM & Conference during the day only. This includes morning & afternoon tea, lunch, and drinks / canapés during the networking session.
Networking & Evening Only
This ticket includes access to the post-conference networking session where drinks & canapés will be served, as well as dinner and dessert. Drinks during the canapés are included. During dinner drinks can be purchased from the bar.
This ticket is for those wishing to attend the AGMat 10am only, and depart directly afterwards.