Cattle Field Day
Time & Location
About the Event
All farmers welcome to join ASHEEP at this annual event looking at value adding your calves. Join us as we tour around farms and hear from expert speakers, before heading back to Lucky Bay Brewing for panel discussion with the WA Lot Feeders Association over pizza and drinks.
12:00PM - Meet at Lucky Bay Brewing & Depart
Meet at Lucky Bay Brewing for a quick welcome before we travel via car around local farming properties. Don’t be late, we won’t wait.
· Farm 1 – David Cox, Ploughman’s Rd, Agistment cattle grazing crops & rotational grazing pastures to grass finish yearlings
· Farm 2 - Enoch Bergman - Crn Rancho X and Fisheries, Pasture regeneration and management from bluegums & winter calving
· Farm 3 - Greg Hard - Merivale Rd, Growing and grazing lucerne
· Demand Cycle for Cattle Sales - Westcoast Wool & Livestock
· Animal Health - Sinead O'Gara, South Coastal Agencies
· Grass Finishing Options - Theo Oorschot, Esperance Rural Supplies
5:30PM – Back to Lucky Bay Brewing
When all is done, we’ll head back to Lucky Bay Brewing for networking, pizza and a WA Lot Feeders Association Panel Discussion around preparing animals for feedlot & meeting the supply chain.
Please observe farm biosecurity and arrive in clean boots & clothes. Please ensure that the underside of your vehicle is clean. Try to avoid driving through pastures – stick to farm tracks and roads.
LUNCH & DINNER Bring your own lunch, we’ll have water and snacks available in the afternoon. Dinner will be pizza at Lucky Bay Brewing, if you have any allergies or dietary requirements please make note when you register.
What to Bring
- Wet weather gear / hat / suncream, we go rain or shine and there's no shelter in the paddock
Please note that this field day will be in paddocks on farms which will likely include uneven / soft / rough terrain. A portable toilet will be towed around from site to site, but it is on the back of a trailer and there are steps to reach it. If you have accessibility requirements and need something additional for you to safely attend the event, please call ASHEEP on the number below and we will endeavour to find a solution.
Due to COVID-19 we are asking everyone to register and sign in on the day so that we can keep track of who was there in the case that contact tracing needs to occur. Please observe social distancing of 1.5m between people where possible, or as is in line with the State Government guidelines in place on the day. All attendants are asked to bring personal hand sanitiser for your own use, however we will have it available if needed.
Do not attend this event if you have cold or flu symptoms.
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors for making this event possible!
0409 335 194
- ASHEEP Cattle Field Day$0$00$0